When it comes to redecorate a room, there are a lot of things that you should consider about. According to Julia Kendell, from DIY SOS and 60 Minute Makeover, there are at least 7 things that you should do before redecorating a room. So, you can read the following tips before preparing your brush or airless paint sprayer before painting. Hopefully, these simple techniques can help your redecorating process run smoothly.
- Make sure about things that need changing. With only small things, you can change an entire room. So, stand back and think about what would make the biggest impact. Is it a feature wall? Is it changing over your accessories?
- Upcycle wherever you can. Recycle your old stuff can be a great idea as you can re-cover an old chair, paint old pine furniture. Moreover, you can also try another great trick such as wallpapering the inside of cupboards. This technique can create a brand new look and feel with maximum impact.
- Creating a mood board, before starting a project will give you an overall finish of the room. Find a focal point, such as what atmosphere that you want to create?
- Lighting is also one of the important elements that will help you create mood and nice energy. In fact, you can use good lightning to highlight some parts of the house.
- Instead of placing the sofa sits against the walls, you can place it into the middle of the room.
- Remember to place mirror in your room. Mirrors are a great way to bounce light and give the feeling of a bigger room.
- If your house has a small area, you can use furniture with legs to create an illusion for bigger space.